Being an introvert, I found the lexicon to be hilarious! Some of my favorites include:
- Extrovert's definition: Lonely
- Introvert's definition: Enjoying some peace and quiet.
- Extrovert's definition: Not frantically busy.
- Introvert's definition: Stuck making small talk, and unable to escape politely.
- Extrovert's definition: A place to invite everybody you know.
- Introvert's definition: A place to hide from everybody you know.
- Extrovert's definition: Something you find on the beach.
- Introvert's definition: What people relentlessly nag you to come out of. Why do you have to leave it, if you're happy there?
To go out, v.
- Extrovert's definition: Requires at least two people, and the more the better. Constant chatter, loud music, sports, crowds, and food consumption are all fun components of going out.
- Introvert's definition: Can be done alone or with others. Enjoyable if there's some point to it; e.g., in order to see a band, a movie, a play, or perhaps to have a stimulating discussion with one or two close friends.
Amen! How many times have you introverts (out there) been dragged out of your shell and forced to go out, only to be bored crazy, and ending up wishing you were home... alone?